LoRa Edge is an ultra-low power platform that integrates a long-range LoRa® transceiver, multi-constellation GNSS scanner and passive Wi-Fi AP MAC address scanner targeting asset management applications.
LoRa Edge utilizes Semtech’s LoRa Cloud™ Modem & Geolocation Services to significantly reduce power consumption by determining asset location in a Cloud-based solver and offers full lifecycle device management features. Learn more about LoRa Cloud at www.loracloud.com.
- Worldwide sub-GHz ISM frequency bands supporting multi-regions in the range of 150-960MHz with a single bill of materials (BOM).
- Global 2.4GHz ISM band and SATCOM S-band (1.9-2.2GHz) - LR1120 exclusive
- LoRaWAN® standard compliant as defined by the LoRa Alliance®
- GNSS (GPS/BeiDou) low-power scanning
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi access point ultra-low-power passive scanning
- LoRaWAN security standard compliant with hardware-based AES-128 cryptographic engine
- End-to-end protection against unauthorized access via device, join server, network, and application encryption keys per the LoRaWAN standard.
- Enables companies to develop affordable asset management solutions with the best battery life and end-to-end robust security
- Provides a single solution to develop asset management for indoor and outdoor applications
- Enables customers to balance performance, location accuracy and low power which is crucial for battery operated devices
- Reduces the bill of materials (BOM) by integrating GNSS, Wi-Fi and a LoRa transceiver in a single chip solution to enable indoor and outdoor applications
- 10x lower power consumption than existing geolocation solutions
- Pre-provisioned security keys using a highly secure hardware module eliminates costly security provisioning process or additional secure hardware costs
To quickly evaluate the benefits of solutions with LoRa Edge, we recommend:
- Hardware: Any Semtech LoRa Edge tracker reference design, LR11xx development kit or a third-party tracking solution based on LoRa Edge
- Application: LoRa Cloud Locator to quickly and seamlessly provision and test the supported solutions (please refer to LoRa Cloud Locator website for the latest supported hardware)