LoRa Edge is an ultra-low power platform that integrates a long range LoRa® transceiver, multi-constellation scanner and passive Wi-Fi AP MAC address scanner targeting GNSS asset management applications.
The LoRa Edge solutions utilize Semtech’s LoRa Cloud™ geolocation capabilities to significantly reduce power consumption by determining asset location in a Cloud-based solver. Learn more about LoRa Cloud at www.loracloud.com.
- Worldwide ISM frequency bands support in the range of 150-960MHz
- Low Noise Figure Rx front-end for enhanced LoRa/(G) FSK sensitivity
- +22dBm High Power Transmitter Output
- +15dBm High Efficiency Transmitter Output
- 11.5dBm High Efficiency Transmitter Output for 2.4GHz and S-Band
- Integrated PA regulator supply selector to simplify dual power +15/+22dBm with one board implementation
- Adaptive Matching Network capable of supporting multi-regions with single bill of materials (BOM)
- Fully LoRaWAN® standard compliant as defined by the LoRa Alliance®
Multi-Technology RF Front-End for Geolocation Purposes
- GNSS (GPS/ BeiDou) low-power scanning
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi ultra-low-power passive scanning
- 150-2700MHz continuous frequency synthesizer range
- High bandwidth Rx ADC (up to 24MHz DSB)
- Digital baseband processing with DSP co-processor for power consumption optimization
- Hardware support for AES-128 encryption/decryption based algorithms
- Handling device parameters such as DevEUI and JoinEUI, as defined by the LoRa Alliance
- Protects confidential information such as encryption keys against unauthorized access
- Stores NwkKey, AppKey, as defined in the LoRaWAN standard
- Enables companies to develop affordable asset management solutions with the best battery life and end-to-end robust security
- Provides a single based solution to develop asset management applications for indoor and outdoor
- Enables customer to balance performance, location, accuracy, and low power which is crucial since majority of asset management applications are battery operated and replacing batteries can be costly
- Reduces the bill of materials (BOM) by integrating GNSS, Wi-Fi and a LoRa transceiver in a single chip solution to enable indoor and outdoor applications
- Enables customers to develop lower power consumption solutions, about 10x lower than existing solutions
- LoRa Edge is pre-provisioned with security keys using a highly secure hardware module, therefore customers do not have to implement costly secure process or additional cost in secure hardware
To quickly evaluate the benefits of solutions with LoRa Edge, we recommend:
- Hardware: Any Semtech LoRa Edge tracker reference design or development kit, or third party tracking solution based on LoRa Edge
- Application: LoRa Cloud Locator to quickly and seamlessly provision and test the supported solutions (please refer to LoRa Cloud Locator website for the latest supported hardware)
Explore a wealth of downloadable resources and datasheets to assist with prototyping and production.
Looking for documentation?
Login or register for mySemtech to gain access to restricted product documentation and to add documents to your Watch List for update alerts