LoRa Edge is an ultra-low power platform that integrates a long-range LoRa® transceiver, multi-constellation GNSS scanner and passive Wi-Fi AP MAC address scanner targeting asset management applications.
LoRa Edge utilizes Semtech’s LoRa Cloud™ Modem & Geolocation Services to significantly reduce power consumption by determining asset location in a Cloud-based solver and offers full lifecycle device management features. Learn more about LoRa Cloud at www.loracloud.com.
- Worldwide sub-GHz ISM frequency bands supporting multi-regions in the range of 150-960MHz with a single bill of materials (BOM).
- Global 2.4GHz ISM band and SATCOM S-band (1.9-2.2GHz) - LR1120 exclusive
- LoRaWAN® standard compliant as defined by the LoRa Alliance®
- GNSS (GPS/BeiDou) low-power scanning
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi access point ultra-low-power passive scanning
- LoRaWAN security standard compliant with hardware-based AES-128 cryptographic engine
- End-to-end protection against unauthorized access via device, join server, network, and application encryption keys per the LoRaWAN standard.
- Enables companies to develop affordable asset management solutions with the best battery life and end-to-end robust security
- Provides a single solution to develop asset management for indoor and outdoor applications
- Enables customers to balance performance, location accuracy and low power which is crucial for battery operated devices
- Reduces the bill of materials (BOM) by integrating GNSS, Wi-Fi and a LoRa transceiver in a single chip solution to enable indoor and outdoor applications
- 10x lower power consumption than existing geolocation solutions
- Pre-provisioned security keys using a highly secure hardware module eliminates costly security provisioning process or additional secure hardware costs
To quickly evaluate the benefits of solutions with LoRa Edge, we recommend:
- Hardware: Any Semtech LoRa Edge tracker reference design, LR11xx development kit or a third-party tracking solution based on LoRa Edge
- Application: LoRa Cloud Locator to quickly and seamlessly provision and test the supported solutions (please refer to LoRa Cloud Locator website for the latest supported hardware)
Explore a wealth of downloadable resources and datasheets to assist with prototyping and production.
Looking for documentation?
Login or register for mySemtech to gain access to restricted product documentation and to add documents to your Watch List for update alerts