Your right to privacy is important to Semtech Corporation (also referred to as "Semtech," "us" or "we"). This policy explains how we intend to handle any personal information we obtain from you through this or any other website we operate, including the Semtech, LoRaWAN Academy, LoRa Community, 2.4GHz Community, and Collos websites. Personal information is (1) information that enables us to identify you, including your name, address, telephone numbers and email address, and (2) other information you provide such as your customer, subcontractor, project or program, design freeze date, or resume data.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Semtech carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the "What rights do I have?" section.
Collection of Personal Information
When you visit our site and request information, sharing your personal information is strictly voluntary. However, in order to access certain features of our website, request information or complete transactions, you may be prompted for personal information.
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, you will not be able to obtain the particular services, information or benefits that require such disclosure.
When you visit our website, we may also collect certain electronic information that cannot be associated with you personally, such as the domains from which you came immediately prior to visiting our site, the number of visitors to our site, browsing patterns and areas of interest on our site. We may collect this data in order to help us improve our site, products and better serve our customers, job applicants, and others who visit the site. Because such information may not be used to identify you, it is not subject to the remaining provisions of this policy.
Use of Personal Information
We process the personal information you have provided:
- to make it easier for us to fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you apply for a job;
- to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- we use information you provide to personalize our website, products or services to make them more relevant to you;
- we monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- we use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law, including in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Under certain circumstances, we may provide your personal information to third parties for the purpose of delivering our goods or services to you and for other purposes related to your use of our products or your interest in securing employment with Semtech. For example, we may provide such information to our designated customer support providers, authorized sales representatives, authorized distributors, shipping companies, or recruiters. We will only provide those third parties the information they need to perform the contemplated service.
Aside from the foregoing, we will not provide any of your personal information to other companies or individuals without your permission, unless required by law or for the other legal purposes described below.
The personal information you provide us may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we or any affiliates conduct operations, our offices can be found HERE. We will share your personal information within the Semtech group of companies in order to allow you to access certain features of our website, communicate with you, assist you in making a purchase of our products or in the job application process.
Where personal information is transferred outside the EEA, and where this is to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, safeguards such as standard contractual clauses, Privacy Shield certification or a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules will be used. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request to the contact details below.
What rights do I have?
Where permitted by law, you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don't have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. Where relevant, if you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority in the EU member state where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
A cookie is a text file that a website transfers to your device's hard drive for record-keeping purposes and to enhance the quality of your visit to the website.
Our site uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, services like enabling appropriate content based on your type of device cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our site, so that we can analyze traffic and understand how our visitors interact with our website.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- Advertising Cookies: Our Site uses third party advertising networks to deliver targeted advertising. They may also have the capability to track your browsing across different sites and apps.
Where required, we will ask for your consent before we collect cookies from you.
Personal information and data retention
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our sites and for as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our products and services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations.
Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your personal information. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Semtech Corporation, 200 Flynn Road, Camarillo, CA 93012.