Your right to privacy is important to Semtech Corporation and its affiliates (collectively referred to as “Semtech,” “us” or “we”). This policy explains how we intend to handle information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (the “Personal Information”) we obtain from you or others including through or in connection with our products and services or any website, application, or program we operate, including the Semtech, LoRaWAN Academy, LoRa Developer Portal and LoRa Cloud Services Portal websites (collectively, the “Services”). This policy also describes your data protection rights under applicable privacy laws.
Collection of Personal Information
Types of Personal Information that we may collect include:
- Information that you provide when using the Services, including name, address, email address, log-in information, company, title, payment and billing information, and any other information that you may provide.
- Information that you provide at meetings, trade shows, or other business occasions, or via instant messaging or social media applications when communicating with our employee or representative, including name, address, email address, phone number, profile information such as social media account information and profile image, employer, title, and any other information that you may provide.
- Information that you provide when applying for a job, including name, address, email address, phone number, employment history, educational background and other information that you may provide. We may use a third-party platform for such application.
- Information automatically collected through tracking technologies when you use the Services, including usage and technical information to create a more personalized online experience.
If you choose not to provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to access a particular Service, where the Service requires such disclosure.
When you visit our websites, we and third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services for the purpose of targeted advertising. We may also collect certain electronic information that cannot be associated with you personally, such as the domains you visited immediately prior to visiting our websites, the number of visitors to our websites, browsing patterns and areas of interest on our websites. We may collect this information in order to help us improve the Services including our websites, and better serve our customers, job applicants, and others. Because such information is not Personal Information, it is not subject to the remaining provisions of this policy.
Use of Personal Information
We process your Personal Information for the following lawful reasons:
- to fulfill a contract, or to take steps in connection with fulfilling a contract, including when you apply for or are offered a job;
- to comply with the law, including in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation;
- to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- to provide Services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- to help us monitor, personalize, improve and protect the Services, both online and offline, as well as to develop new products and services;
- to monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about the Services;
- where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the Personal Information you provide for the purpose we explain to you at the time we ask for your consent.
When we rely on our legitimate interests as a lawful basis for processing your Personal Information, we ensure that we only do so if we can do so whilst protecting your rights and freedoms.
We may use aggregated information and de-identified information, which is not Personal Information, without restriction.
A cookie is a text file that a website transfers to your device’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes and is used to enhance the quality of your visit to the website.
Our websites use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, services like enabling appropriate content based on your type of device cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our websites, so that we can analyze traffic and understand how our visitors interact with our websites.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of websites that you can customize.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our websites or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- Advertising Cookies: Our websites may use third party advertising networks to deliver targeted advertising. They may also have the capability to track your browsing across different sites and apps.
Where required, we will ask for your consent before we collect cookies from you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our websites who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the websites, but some features may not function.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, we may provide your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of delivering our goods or services to you and for other purposes related to your use of the Services or your interest in securing employment with Semtech. For example, we may provide such Personal Information to our third-party service providers, authorized sales representatives, authorized distributors, shipping companies, or recruiters. We will only provide those third parties with the Personal Information they need to perform the contemplated service.
Aside from the circumstances described above, we will not provide any of your Personal Information to other companies or individuals without your consent, unless required by law or for the other legal purposes described below.
We may disclose your Personal Information to local and foreign public or governmental authorities in accordance with applicable law to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative reporting requirements, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by other law.
We may also disclose your Personal Information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property, to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, or as otherwise permitted by law.
Security of Personal Information
In the case of an unfortunate Personal Information security incident, we will, in a timely manner and in accordance with laws and regulations, inform you of the basic conditions and possible impacts of the security incident, response measures that are already taken or to be taken by us, suggestions for you regarding self-prevention and risk mitigation, and our remedial measures for you. We will inform you of such information by email, fax, telephone, push notification, etc., and when it is difficult to notify you individually, we will properly and effectively issue a public notice. At the same time, we will also take the initiative to report the handling of Personal Information security incidents in accordance with regulatory requirements.
If you have any concern about the security of your Personal Information (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Subject to applicable law, you may be entitled to access, correct, update, erase, limit the use or transfer the Personal Information we hold of you, or withdraw or change the scope of your consent. Whenever reasonably possible and required, we will strive to grant these rights within one (1) month or within a reasonable time. You may also withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications, or more generally to our collection or processing of your Personal Information, at any time. You may also be entitled to ask for explanation and object to important decisions which were made based solely on automated decision-making. You may in certain circumstances ask us to cancel your customer account or delete your Personal Information, in which case, to the extent permissible by applicable law, we will take reasonable steps to delete or de-identify your Personal Information. Please note that we may not be able to continue providing services to you if you entirely withdraw your consent or ask us to delete your Personal Information entirely, and this may also result in the termination of any agreements with Semtech.
Our websites do not sell products or services for purchase by children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children. If you are under the age of 18 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our websites), you may only use our websites with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you are in the People’s Republic of China, our websites or online services are not directed at children under the age of 14. If you are under the age of 14, please get the consent of your parent or legal guardian before giving us any Personal Information about yourself. If you believe we have collected information about a child, please contact us so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information.
If you are in the EU, our websites are not intended for children under the age of 16. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 16, please contact us so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information. If you are a child under the age of 16, do not use or provide any Personal Information through our websites.
Consent to Cross-Border Transfer of Data, Including Personal Information
EU Privacy Rights
If you are resident in the EU you are entitled to certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The following notice applies only to EU residents who use the Services.
Our lawful bases for processing your Personal Information are described above in the “Use of Personal Information” section above.
Please note that if you provide Personal Information through your use of the Services, we may transfer your Personal Information to the United States. The European Commission does not consider that the United States provides adequate protection for personal information. For such transfers, we take necessary measures to ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection.
When we transfer Personal Information outside the European Economic Area, including where we do so to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we rely upon appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual clauses, or a vendor’s Processor Binding Corporate Rules. However, if you do not wish your Personal Information to be transferred to the United States, you should not provide Personal Information through use of the Services.
For further information about international data transfers, please contact us using the contact details in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you are resident in the EU:
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing, where consent is the basis we rely upon to process your Personal Information. For Personal Information we collected, you may withdraw your consent by requesting that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us using the details below.
- You have the right to access the Personal Information that we hold and how we process it, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to demand rectification of inaccurate Personal Information.
- You have the right to object to your Personal Information being processed under certain conditions.
- You have the right to erasure of your Personal Information under certain conditions.
- You have the right to demand that we restrict processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, or you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate.
- You have the right to data portability of your Personal Information, subject to certain conditions.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority in the country in which you are resident.
To exercise any of the above listed rights (with the exception of the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority in the country in which you are resident), please contact us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We will process any requests in accordance with applicable law.
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Semtech collects Personal Information as defined by the CCPA. For purposes of this section, “California Privacy Rights”, Personal Information will include information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
We collect Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- You, including through your use of the Services
- Our affiliate companies
- Third parties
We collect the Personal Information for the reasons set forth in the “Use of Personal Information” section above.
We have collected the following categories of Personal Information within the last twelve (12) months and disclosed this information to the following third parties:
Categories of Personal Information
Parties with whom each Category of Personal Information may be shared include:
We do not sell your Personal Information.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request that Semtech disclose:
- Specific pieces of Personal Information Semtech has collected about you;
- Categories of Personal Information Semtech has collected about you, disclosed about you for a business purpose, or sold;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- Categories of third parties with whom Semtech shares or to whom Semtech sells Personal Information; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling Personal Information.
- Request deletion of Personal Information;
- Opt-out of the sale of Personal Information; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment by Semtech for exercising these rights.
Please submit a request to know or a request to delete: (a) by submitting the online form located at https://info.semtech.com/data-request; or (b) by calling the following toll free number: 1-855-343-1663. In order to submit a request, we will need to verify your identity. Depending on the nature of the request, we may request two or more data points of personal information to verify your identity.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. To make a request on your behalf, an authorized agent may contact us by email with proof of your written and signed permission to do so. Note that Semtech may also require you to verify your identity and confirm that you gave permission.
Please note that following a verifiable request, we will communicate with you or an authorized agent. Any response to your request, including any Personal Information, may be sent as an encrypted file.
“Shine the Light” Law
California residents may also have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How to Contact Us
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your Personal Information. Please submit any questions, concerns or requests to exercise your applicable rights to us at email@example.com or https://info.semtech.com/data-request or by writing to Semtech Corporation, 200 Flynn Road, Camarillo, CA 93012.