3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI and DVB-ASI Receiver with SMPTE Video Processing
Not recommended for new designs.
Please use the GS2960A for new designs.
The GS2960 is a multi-rate SDI receiver which includes complete SMPTE processing, as per SMPTE 425M, 292M and SMPTE 259M-C.
The SMPTE processing features can be bypassed to support signals with other coding schemes.
The device features an integrated reclocker with an internal VCO and a wide Input Jitter Tolerance (IJT) of 0.7UI.
A serial digital loop through output is provided, which can be configured to output either reclocked or non-reclocked serial digital data. The serial digital output can be connected to an external cable driver. The device operates in one of four basic modes: SMPTE mode, DVB-ASI mode, Data-Through mode or Standby mode.
In SMPTE mode, the GS2960 performs full SMPTE processing, and features a number of data integrity checks and measurement capabilities.
The device also supports ancillary data extraction, and can provide entire ancillary data packets through host-accessible registers. It also provides a variety of other packet detection and error handling features. All of these processing features are optional, and may be individually enabled or disabled through register programming.
Both SMPTE 425M Level A and Level B inputs are supported with optional conversion from Level B to Level A for 1080p 50/60 4:2:2 10-bit.
In DVB-ASI mode, 8b/10b decoding is applied to the received data stream.
The device can also operate in a lower power Standby mode. In this mode, no signal processing is carried out and the parallel output is held static.
In Data-Through mode all forms of SMPTE and DVB-ASI decoding are disabled, and the device can be used as a simple serial to parallel converter.
Parallel data outputs are provided in 20-bit or 10-bit format for 3Gb/s, HD and SD video rates, with a variety of mapping options. As such, this parallel bus can interface directly with video processor IC's, and can be multiplexed onto 10 bits for a low pin count interface.
- Integrated reclocker with low phase noise, integrated, VCO
- Ancillary data extraction
- Comprehensive error detection and correction features
- Serial digital reclocked, or non-reclocked output
- Operation at 2.970Gb/s, 2.970/1.001Gb/s, 1.485Gb/s, 1.485/1.001Gb/s and 270Mb/s
- Supports SMPTE 425M (Level A and Level B), SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M-C and DVB-ASI
- Optional conversion from SMPTE 425M Level B to Level A for 1080p 50/60 4:2:2 10-bit
- Parallel data bus selectable as either 20-bit or 10-bit
- Output H, V, F or CEA 861 Timing Signals
- 1.2V digital core power supply, 1.2V and 3.3V analog power supplies, and selectable 1.8V or 3.3V I/O power supply
- GSPI host interface
- -20°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- Low power operation (320 mW typical)
- Small 11mm x 11mm 100-ball BGA package
- Pb-free and ROHS compliant
- Camera control units
- Production switchers
- Master control switchers
- Video servers
- Up/down/cross converters
- Audio de-embedders
- Format detectors
- Test and measurement equipment
- GS2960-IBTE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tape and Reel-250 Pieces
- GS2960-IBE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tray-168 Pieces
User Manual Hardware