10G PON Asymmetric ONU Combo
GN28L95 is a combined burst mode laser driver and limiting amplifier designed for 10Gbps passive optical network (PON) optical networking unit (ONU) applications. GN28L95 features automatic extinction ratio control for reliable operation of the laser over all conditions. A high accuracy auto-ranging A/D converter and on-chip temperature sensor give precise diagnostic reporting. A low-cost integrated avalanche photodiodes (APD) controller enables a complete receive solution.
Applications for GN28L95 include XG-PON and 10G ethernet passive optical network (EPON) BOSA-on-board ONUs. GN28L95 forms a complete 10G PON chipset with the GN7069 10G transimpedance amplifier (TIA).
- 10Gbps receiver, 2.5Gbps transmitter
- Automatic mean power and extinction ratio control
- Integrated APD controller
- TX_SD and rogue ONU alarms
- Fast burst on timing
- Fast burst mode loop settling time
- XG-PON fiber to the home (FTTH) ONU/optical networking terminal (ONT)
- 10GEPON fiber to the home (FTTH) ONU/ONT