Pushing the envelope on multimedia connectivity between AV equipment and remote displays, AVX simultaneously transmits uncompressed-quality 4K video, multi-channel audio, Gigabit Ethernet, USB, and other control signals over copper category cabling or optical fiber.
The flagship AVX200T device offers unprecedented levels of performance for AV extension applications, such as standalone point-to-point cable extenders, matrix switches and KVM extension. As the Pro AV industry moves to optical fiber infrastructure for many applications, the AVX200T uniquely targets long reach extension, providing transport over fiber from distances of 300m to over 40km.
The AVX200T is positioned to replace existing AV extension technologies with a new generation of fiber-based products for true long reach performance at cost points lower than the existing copper-based solutions. The device provides the industry’s first true bidirectional HDMI connectivity over fiber, enabling a new class of products which can dramatically reduce both product and system costs.
The AVX200T includes a powerful AV processing engine which provides broadcast quality scaling, allowing end-points to match the source video to the connected display. The chipset lowers system cost by reducing the number of devices required, and removing the need to use costly FPGA and image scaling devices. The device consumes less than 2.5W with fiber connectivity, compared to existing technologies in the 6 to 8W range. Additionally, the AVX200T provides a fully integrated USB-HID interface, enabling highly integrated low cost products for KVM applications.
The AVX series includes the interoperable copper-only AVX100, for low cost cable extension over new and existing category copper cables.
AVX series features include:
- Extension of audio, video, Gigabit Ethernet and control signals between AV equipment
- Up to 550m range over multimode fiber and 40+ km range over single mode fiber*
- Transceiver capability for bidirectional video on a single cable*
- Broadcast quality scaling, color space conversion and frame rate conversion*
- Video wall processing with bezel correction*
- Audio down-mixing engine from multi-channel PCM audio to stereo*
- Full range of formats including 4K/60 RGB 4:4:4, HDR, 3D & broadcast friendly 4K/60 10-bit 4:2:2
- HDMI audio embedding, de-embedding and breakaway
- Integrated USB-HID, RS-232, Infrared, GPIO, and CEC
- Support for NBaseT data rates at 2.5Gbps, 5Gbps and 10Gbps with PoE using compatible PHY
- Up to 100m range with 10GBaseT over Cat-6a and 200m when operating at 2.5GBaseT
- Less than 0.1 milliseconds latency at maximum cable reach
The AVX ASIC can be integrated into products such as AV transmitters, AV receivers, AV matrix switchers, presentation switchers, video wall controllers, and other AV equipment to address a variety of market applications including AV/KVM extension, AV/KVM matrix switching and video wall systems. Unlike incumbent technologies, each AVX chipset is configurable as a transmitter or receiver (AVX100), or as a transmitter and receiver (AVX200T), greatly simplifying procurement and supply chain management.
AVX ASIC: Superior AV Extension
AVX vs HDBaseT Demonstration