Pushing the envelope on multimedia connectivity between AV equipment and remote displays, AVX simultaneously transmits uncompressed-quality 4K video, multi-channel audio, Gigabit Ethernet, USB, and other control signals over copper category cabling or optical fiber.
The AVX series includes two interoperable chipsets, the copper-only AVX100 and the AVX200T, providing the industry’s first bidirectional video transmission capability over a single fiber or copper cable with a built-in broadcast quality video scaling engine.
AVX series features include:
- Extension of audio, video, Gigabit Ethernet and control signals between AV equipment (e.g. sources, displays, AV matrix switches)
- Full range of formats including 4K/60 RGB 4:4:4, HDR, 3D & broadcast friendly 4K/60 10-bit 4:2:2
- HDMI audio embedding, de-embedding and breakaway
- Integrated USB, RS-232, Infrared, GPIO and CEC
- Broadcast quality scaling, color space conversion and frame rate conversion*
- Video wall processing with bezel correction*
- Audio down-mixing engine from multi-channel PCM audio to stereo*
- Support for NBaseT data rates at 2.5Gbps, 5Gbps and 10Gbps with PoE using compatible PHY
- Up to 100m range with 10GBaseT over Cat-6a and 200m when operating at 2.5GBaseT
- Up to 550m range over multimode fiber and 40+ km range over single mode fiber*
- Less than 0.1 milliseconds latency at maximum cable reach
- Transceiver capability for bidirectional video on a single cable*
The AVX chipsets can be integrated into products such as AV transmitters, AV receivers, AV matrix switchers, presentation switchers, video wall controllers, and other AV equipment to address a variety of market applications including AV/KVM extension, AV/KVM matrix switching and video wall systems. Unlike incumbent technologies, each AVX device is configurable as a transmitter or receiver (AVX100), or as a transmitter and receiver (AVX200T), greatly simplifying procurement and supply chain management.