HD-VLC™ Transmitter for HD Video Surveillance
The GV7700 is a serial digital video transmitter for High Definition component video. With integrated cable driving technology, the GV7700 is capable of transmitting HD video at a compressed 270Mbps or an uncompressed 1.485Gbps over 75ohm coaxial cable, or differentially over 100ohm twisted pair cable.
The GV7700 integrates the High Definition Visually Lossless CODEC (HD-VLC™) technology, which has been developed specifically to reduce the transmission data rate of HD video over both coaxial and unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable. This is achieved by encoding the HD video, normally transmitted at a serial data rate of 1.485Gbps, to the same rate as Standard Definition (SD) video, at 270Mbps serial data rate.
At 270Mbps, the effect of cable loss is greatly reduced, resulting in much longer cable transmission. For 75ohm coaxial cable, HD-VLC allows a 1.485Gbps HD signal to be transmitted up to four times the normal reach. In typical video over coaxial installations, when paired with Semtech’s GV7704 HD-VLC receiver, cable distances of up to 500m are possible.
The GV7700 can also be configured to transmit HD video over UTP cable, such as Cat-5e and Cat-6 cable, when HD-VLC encoded at 270Mbps.
- Serial digital video transmitter for HD video surveillance and HDcctv applications
- Dual rate operation: 270Mbps and 1.485Gbps
- Backward compatible with HDcctv 1.0 and HD-SDI (ST 292)
- Integrated High Definition Visually Lossless CODEC (HD-VLC™) for extended cable reach:
- 500m over 75-5 (5C) CCTV coax
- 300m over 75-3 (3C) CCTV coax
- 150m over Cat-5e/6 UTP cable
- Configurable 50/75ohm cable driver output, for both coaxial and twisted pair cable transmission
- Integrated audio embedder with support for up to 4 channels of I2S serial digital audio at 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates
- Downstream ancillary data insertion
- Supports both 720p and 1080p HD formats:
- 1080p 25/29.97/30fps
- 720p 25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60fps
- Support for both 8/10-bit and 16/20-bit BT.1120 compliant video interfaces, with embedded TRS or external HVF timing
- 4-wire Gennum Serial Peripheral Interface (GSPI 2.0) for external host command and control
- 1.8V power supply with 3.3V or 1.8V selectable I/O supply
- Small-footprint 84-pin dual-row QFN (7mm x 7mm)
- Low power operation, typically 180mW
- Wide operating temperature range: -20ºC to +85ºC
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- HD Security Cameras
- Industrial Video Cameras
- HD-SDI & HDcctv Peripherals
- HD Video Repeaters
- HD Video Converters
- HD Video Multiplexers
- 84-pin dual-row QFN (260 pcs/tray)