3G-SDI Dual-output Adaptive Cable Equalizer
The GS2993 is a high-speed BiCMOS integrated circuit designed to equalize and restore signals received over 75ohm coaxial cable.
The device is designed to support SMPTE 424M, SMPTE292M and SMPTE 259M, and is optimized for performance at 270Mb/s, 1.485Gb/s and 2.97Gb/s.
The GS2993 features DC restoration to compensate for the DC content of SMPTE pathological test patterns.
The Carrier Detect output pin (CD) indicates whether a valid input signal has been detected. It can be connected directly to the SLEEP pin to enable automatic power-down upon loss of carrier. A voltage programmable threshold, which can be changed via the SQ_ADJ pin, forces CD high when the input signal amplitude falls below the threshold. This allows the GS2993 to distinguish between low-amplitude SDI signals and noise at the input of the device.
The equalizing and DC restore stages are disengaged when the BYPASS pin is HIGH. No equalization occurs in Bypass mode.
The GS2993 includes a gain selection pin (GAIN_SEL) which, when tied HIGH, compensates for 6dB flat attenuation.The differential outputs can be DC-coupled to Gennum 3.3V cable drivers and reclockers and to industry-standard 1.2V, 2.5V and 3.3V CML logic.
The GS2993 also includes programmable de-emphasis with three operating levels in order to support long PCB traces.
The device is available in a 24-pin, 4mm x 4mm QFN package. Power consumption of the GS2993 is typically 210mW.
The GS2993 is Pb-free, and the encapsulation compound does not contain halogenated flame retardant.
This component and all homogeneous subcomponents are RoHS compliant.
- SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M compliant
- Automatic cable equalization
- Multi-standard operation from 143Mb/s to 2.97Gb/s
- Performance optimized for 270Mb/s, 1.485Gb/s and 2.97Gb/s. Typical equalized length of Belden 1694A cable:
- 140m at 2.97Gb/s
- 200m at 1.485Gb/s
- 400m at 270Mb/s
- Supports DVB-ASI at 270Mb/s
- Dual, independently-controlled outputs
- Manual bypass (useful for low data rates with slow rise/fall times)
- Programmable carrier detect with squelch threshold adjustment
- Automatic power-down on loss of signal
- Standby power <30mW (typical)
- Differential outputs support DC coupling to 1.2V, 2.5V and 3.3V CML logic
- 0/6 dB gain boost selection pin
- Cable Length Indicator output; varies monotonically with input cable length
- Selectable de-emphasis: 2dB, 4dB and 6dB
- Standard EIA/JEDEC logic control and status signal levels
- Single 3.3V power supply operation
- 210mW power consumption (typical)
- Wide operating temperature range of -40 to 85 degress Celsius
- Small footprint QFN package (4mm x 4mm)
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M coaxial cable serial digital interfaces
- GS2993-INE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tray-490 Pieces
- GS2993-INTE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tape and Reel-250 Pieces
- GS2993-INTE3Z: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tape and Reel-2500 Pieces