HD-SDI Adaptive Cable Equalizer
Not recommended for new designs.
Please use the GS2994 for new designs.
The GS1574A is a second-generation high-speed BiCMOS integrated circuit designed to equalize and restore signals received over 75ohm co-axial cable.
The GS1574A is designed to support SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M, and is optimized for performance at 270Mb/s and 1.485Gb/s.
The GS1574A features DC restoration to compensate for the DC content of SMPTE pathological test patterns.
A voltage programmable mute threshold (MCLADJ) is included to allow muting of the GS1574A output when an approximate selected cable length is reached for SMPTE 259M signals. This feature allows the GS1574A to distinguish between low amplitude SD-SDI signals and noise at the input of the device. The serial digital outputs of the GS1574A may be forced to a mute state by applying a voltage to the MUTE pin.
Power consumption is typically 215mW using a 3.3V power supply. The GS1574A is lead-free, and the encapsulation compound does not contain halogenated flame retardant.
This component and all homogeneous subcomponents are RoHS compliant.
- SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M compliant
- Automatic cable equalization
- Multi-standard operation from 143Mb/s to 1.485Gb/s
- Supports DVB-ASI at 270Mb/s
- Small footprint (4mm x 4mm)
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- Manual bypass (useful for low data rates with slow rise/fall times)
- Performance optimized for 270Mb/s and 1.485Gb/s
- Typical equalized length of Belden 1694A cable: 200m at 1.485Gb/s, 350m at 270Mb/s
- 50 Ohm differential output (with internal 50 Ohm pull-ups)
- Manual output mute or programmable mute based on max cable length adjust
- Single 3.3V power supply operation
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to +70°C
- SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M Coaxial Cable Serial Digital Interfaces.
- GS1574ACTE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tape and Reel-250 Pieces
- GS1574ACNE3TH: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tape and Reel-250 Pieces
- GS1574ACNE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tray-490 Pieces
Tools & Software