Short Reach, 3G-SDI Adaptive Cable Equalizer
Not recommended for new designs.
Please use the GS2994 for new designs.
The GS2964 is a cost optimized short reach equalizer that still supports 100m at 3Gbps. The GS2964 is a high-speed BiCMOS integrated circuit designed to equalize and restore signals received over 75ohm coaxial cable.
The device is designed to support SMPTE 424M, SMPTE292M and SMPTE 259M, and is optimized for performance at 270Mbps, 1.485Gbps and 2.97Gbps.
The GS2964 features DC restoration to compensate for the DC content of SMPTE pathological test patterns.
The Carrier Detect output pin (CD) indicates whether a valid input signal has been detected. It can be connected directly to the MUTE pin to mute the output on loss of carrier. A voltage programmable threshold, which can be changed via the SQ_ADJ pin, forces CD high when the input signal amplitude falls below the threshold. This allows the GS2964 to distinguish between low-amplitude SDI signals and noise at the input of the device.
The equalizing and DC restore stages are disengaged when the BYPASS pin is HIGH. No equalization occurs in Bypass mode.
The differential outputs can be DC-coupled to Gennum® 3.3V cable drivers and reclockers and to other industry-standard 3.3V CML logic.
The GS2964 is footprint and drop-in compatible with existing GS2974 designs, with no additional application changes required.
The device is available in a 16-pin, 4mm x 4mm QFN package.
Power consumption of the GS2964 is typically 215mW.
The GS2964 is Pb-free, and the encapsulation compound does not contain halogenated flame retardant.
This component and all homogeneous subcomponents are RoHS compliant.
- SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M compliant
- Automatic cable equalization
- 100m cable length at 3Gbps, 140m at HD, 180m at SD
- Multi-standard operation from 143Mbps to 2.97Gbps
- Performance optimized for 270Mbps, 1.485Gbps and 2.97Gbps. Typical equalized length of Belden 1694A cable:
- 100m at 2.97Gbps
- 140m at 1.485Gbps
- 180m at 270Mbps
- Supports DVB-ASI at 270Mbps
- Manual bypass (useful for low data rates with slow rise/fall times)
- Programmable carrier detect with squelch threshold adjustment
- Standard EIA/JEDEC logic control and status signal levels
- Single 3.3V power supply operation
- 215mW power consumption (typical)
- Wide operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
- Small footprint QFN package (4mm x 4mm)
- Drop-in compatible with the GS2974
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- Audio De-embedders
- Audio Embedders
- Camera Control Units
- Distribution Amplifiers
- Format Detectors
- Master Control Switchers
- Production Switchers
- SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M coaxial cable serial digital interfaces
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Up/Down/Cross Converters
- Video Capture Cards
- Video Servers
- Video Tape Recorders
- GS2964-INE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tray-490 Pieces
- GS2964-INTE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tape and Reel-250 Pieces
- GS2964-INTE3Z: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tape and Reel-2500 Pieces