Skip to main content

Viewing All LoRa Wireless RF

IoT Solutions Partnership Formed

Three companies are working together to help deliver cost-effective, robust and proven IoT solutions to the maritime shipping industry. Read more
Enterprise IoT Insights

LoRa Alliance on 2020: Private networks, platform advances, edge computing

“Industrial IoT (IIoT) has advanced by leaps and bounds this year as companies have realized the amount of insight they could gain into their operations and resource utilization. There is no sign of activity slowing in 2020, driven by business and technology initiatives that will integrate IIoT and make it a standard operating procedure. Read more
EverythingRF

Semtech to Deploy 1,000 LoRaWAN-Based Gateways in Korea by 2022

Semtech Corporation, a supplier of high-performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, has announced that the Metropolitan Government of Seoul, South Korea plans to deploy a new enterprise-grade citywide network for Internet of Things (IoT) applications based on Semtech’s LoRa devices and the LoRaWAN protocol. The network is part of a larger plan by the city government to increase its connectivity offerings and create one of the world’s first “hyper-connected cities” by 2022. Also included in this plan is the creation of a public and free-to-use municipal Wi-Fi network, accessible to all from anywhere within the city’s limits. Read more
Enterprise IoT Insights

Seoul plans to deploy city-wide LoRaWAN IoT network

Semtech partnering with local government on LoRaWAN Read more
Embedded computing logo

Will 2020 Be the Year of LoRa Networks?

LoRa networks resolve the age-old wireless dilemma in which engineers had to either choose longer range or lower power consumption. LoRa allows designers to maximize range and minimize power usage and thus reduce the cost of additional repeaters. So, millions of LoRaWAN sensors are under deployment for smart grid, smart metering, and asset tracking applications. Read more
EEt

LoRaWAN and Wi-Fi Working in Unison

Wi-Fi and LoRaWAN work well together as an end-to-end solution in IoT applications and more. Read more

Why Smart Temperature Management Needs To Be A Priority For Your Supply Chain

In the era of connectivity, Internet of Things (IoT) solutions are being deployed throughout the supply chain to actively monitor a key factor to food loss and waste: temperature fluctuations. According to the above FAO report, fruits and vegetables account for 21.6% of the total food lost, and roots, tubers and oil-bearing crops account for 25.3%. It’s estimated that just under half (46.9%) of these instances can be mitigated through temperature monitoring solutions. Through the deployment of a low-power and long range (LoRa) IoT solution, real-time temperature monitoring can occur at different levels in the supply chain. Read more
IoT Innovator

Semtech Uses LoRaWAN Network Deployment To Complement Seoul’s Citywide Wi-Fi, Support Plans To Grow Its Smart City IoT Environment

Semtech announced this week that the Metropolitan Government of Seoul, South Korea plans to deploy a new enterprise-grade citywide network for Internet of Things (IoT) applications based on Semtech’s LoRa devices and the LoRaWAN protocol. The network is part of a larger plan by the city government to increase its connectivity offerings and create one of the initial “hyper-connected cities” by 2022. Read more

2020: A Big Year for Smart Utilities

As we look toward the new year, the conversation around IoT continues to dominate. The utility market, in particular, will continue to be at the forefront of that discussion. The digital transformation of energy and water utilities is providing the opportunity for businesses and cities to take advantage of the extensive choice in new technologies. Read more
Enterprise IoT Insights

Amsterdam airport deploys private LoRaWAN for facilities management

French IoT firm Kerlink and Dutch systems integrator MCS have deployed a private LoRaWAN network at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam. Read more

Press Contact

Ronda Grech
Public Relations
(805) 250-1263

Contact Public Relations »
Contact Sales & Support »