Not Recommended for New Designs
Not recommended for new designs.
The SC172 is an integrated, synchronous 2A EcoSpeed® step-down regulator, which incorporates Semtech’s advanced, patented adaptive on-time architecture to achieve best-in-class performance in dynamic point-ofload applications. The input voltage range is 3V to 5.5V with a programmable output voltage from 0.75V up to 95% x VIN. The device features low-RDS(ON) internal switches and optional PSAVE mode for high efficiency across the output load range.
For 2A EcoSpeed Synchronous Step-Down Regulator, see SC171 product page.
- VIN: 3V to 5.5V
- VOUT: 0.75V to 95% x VIN
- IOUT: Up to 2A
- Low RDS(ON) Switches
- Up to 95% Peak Efficiency
- High Output Accuracy
- Small Ceramic Capacitors
- Power Good Pin (Open-Drain)
- Patented Adaptive On-Time Control:
- Excellent Transient Response
- Programmable Pseudo-fixed Frequency
- Fault Protection Features:
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over and Under Output Voltage Protection
- Internal Soft start
- Ultrasonic Power Save
- Smart Power Save
- Ultra-Small Lead-Free 3x3mm, 10-Pin MLPD Package
- Fully WEEE and RoHS Complian
- Networking Equipment, Embedded Systems
- Medical Equipment, Office Automation
- Instrumentation, Portable Systems
- Consumer Devices (DTV, Set-top Box, ... )
- 5V POL Converters
- MLPD 3x3mm 10-pin
(-40°C to +85°C / 4000 cycles)
(50°C, 4000 Hrs)
Datasheets & Documentation
Explore a wealth of downloadable resources and datasheets to assist with prototyping and production.
Login or register for mySemtech to gain access to restricted product documentation and to add documents to your Watch List for update alerts
Distributor/Catalog Supplier Inventory
View product availability from participating distributors below. Browse all distributers here.
Semtech Releases New Neo-Iso™ Solid State…Offers engineers an enhanced alternative to mechanical relays and opto-MOS READ NOW
Semtech Releases New Product for nanoSmart®…New nanoSmart IC’s low noise and low quiescent current limits radio transmission interference and… READ NOW