28V 3A Step-Down Switching Regulator
The SC4525EM is a constant frequency peak current-mode step-down switching regulator capable of producing 3A output current from an input ranging from 3V to 28V. The switching frequency of the SC4525EM can be programmed up to 2MHz for component miniaturization or it can be set at lower frequencies to accommodate high step-down ratios. The SC4525EM is suitable for various point of load applications.
Peak current-mode PWM control employed in the SC4525EM achieves fast transient response with simple loop compensation. Cycle-by-cycle current limiting and hiccup overload protection reduces power dissipation during output overload. Soft-start function reduces input start-up current and prevents the output from overshooting during power-up.
The SC4525EM is available in SOIC-8 EDP package.
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3V to 28V
- 3A Output Current
- 200kHz to 2MHz Programmable Frequency
- Precision 1V Feedback Voltage
- Peak Current-Mode Control
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limiting
- Hiccup Overload Protection with Frequency Foldback
- Soft-Start and Enable
- Thermal Shutdown
- Thermally Enhanced 8-pin SOIC Package
- Fully RoHS and WEEE Compliant
- Military Temperature Range: -55°C to +125°C
- Point of Load Applications
- SC4525EMSETRT(1)(2) | SOIC-8 EDP
- SC4525EEVB (3) | Evaluation Board
(1) Available in tape and reel only. A reel contains 2,500 devices.
(2) Available in lead-free package only. Device is fully WEEE and RoHS compliant and halogen-free.
(3) This EVB comes populated with the industrial temperature grade device.