High PSRR, Very Low Input, Very Low Dropout, 1A Linear Regulator
The SC4212LM is a high performance linear regulator designed for applications requiring very low dropout voltage at load currents up to 1 Ampere. It operates with VIN as low as 1.6V and up to 6V, making it useful for a wide range of different applications and rails. The output voltage is programmable down to 0.5V, set via an external resistor divider, or to a fixed setting of 0.5V depending upon how the FB pin is configured.
The SC4212LM has an enable pin to further reduce power dissipation while shut down. This device also offers an active-high power good for the system to check the output voltage. An external soft start capacitor can be connected to the SS pin to program the profile of the startup. Additionally, the device provides protection features such as over current protection, over temperature protection and reverse blocking from output to input. A capacitor at the BYP pin can bypass the noise generated in the internal bandgap reference in order to improve the PSRR and the noise at the output. The SC4212LM is available in a 3mm x 3mm MLPD-8 package.
- Input Voltage Range from 1.6V to 6.0V
- 150mV Maximum Dropout @ 1A
- Adjustable Output from 0.5V with ± 1% Accuracy
- High PSRR (76dB Typical at 1.8Vin to 0.5Vo, 1A)
- Noise Bypass Pin
- Programmable Soft-Start
- 12μA Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Enable Input
- Power Good Indicator
- Over Current and Over Temperature Protection
- Reverse Blocking from Output to Input
- Military Temperature Range: -55°C to +125°C
- 3mm x 3mm x 1mm MLPD-8 Package
- Fully WEEE and RoHS Compliant
- Noise-sensitive rails
- FPGA power
- Embedded systems
- SC4212LMMLTRC(1)(2) | 3mm x 3mm x 1mm MLPD-8
- SC4212LEVB(3) | Evaluation Board
(1) Available in tape and reel only. A reel contains 3,000 devices.
(2) Available in lead-free package only. Device is WEEE and RoHS compliant and halogen free.
(3) This EVB comes populated with the industrial temperature grade device.