HD-SDI, SD-SDI and DVB-ASI Receiver with SMPTE Audio/Video Processing and Integrated Adaptive Cable Equalizer
Not recommended for new designs.
Please use the GS1671A for new designs.
The GS1671 is a multi-rate SDI integrated Equalizer-Receiver which includes complete SMPTE processing, as per 292M and SMPTE 259M-C.
The SMPTE processing features can be bypassed to support signals with other coding schemes. The GS1671 also performs audio-de-embedding and integrates an audio clock generator.
The GS1671 integrates Gennum’s next-generation state-of-the-art adaptive cable equalization technology, achieving unprecedented cable lengths and jitter tolerance. It features DC restoration to compensate for the DC content of SMPTE pathological signals.
The device features an Integrated Reclocker with an internal VCO and a wide Input Jitter Tolerance (IJT) of 0.7UI. A serial digital loop through output is provided, which can be configured to output either reclocked or non-reclocked serial digital data. The Serial Digital Output can be connected to an external Cable Driver.
The device operates in one of four basic modes: SMPTE mode, DVB-ASI mode, Data-Through mode or Standby mode.
In SMPTE mode, the GS1671 performs SMPTE de-scrambling and NRZI to NRZ decoding and word alignment. Line-based CRC errors, line number errors, TRS errors and ancillary data check sum errors can all be detected. The GS1671 also provides ancillary data extraction. The entire ancillary data packet is extracted, and written to host-accessible registers. Other processing functions include H:V:F timing extraction, Luma and Chroma ancillary data indication, video standard detection, and SMPTE 352M packet detection and decoding. All of the processing features are optional, and may be enabled or disabled via the Host Interface.
- Integrated adaptive cable equalizer
- Integrated Reclocker with low phase noise, integrated VCO
- Integrated audio de-embedder for 8 channels of 48kHz audio
- Operation at 1.485Gbps, 1.485/1.001Gbps and 270Mbps
- Supports SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M-C and DVB-ASI
- Typical equalized length of Belden 1694A cable:
- 230m at 1.485Gbps
- 440m at 270Mbps
- Serial digital reclocked, or non-reclocked output
- Integrated audio clock generator
- Ancillary data extraction
- Parallel data bus selectable as either 20-bit or 10-bit
- Comprehensive error detection and correction features
- Output H, V, F or CEA 861 Timing Signals
- 1.2V digital core power supply, 1.2V and 3.3V analog power supplies, and selectable 1.8V or 3.3V I/O power supply
- GSPI Host Interface
- -20°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- Low power operation (typically 480mW)
- Small 11mm x 11mm 100-ball BGA package
- Pb-free and ROHS compliant
- Camera control units
- Production switchers
- Master control switchers
- Video servers
- Up/down/cross converters
- Audio de-embedders
- Format detectors
- Test and measurement equipment
- GS1671-IBE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tray-168 Pieces