HD-SDI, SD-SDI and DVB-ASI Transmitter with SMPTE Video Processing and Integrated Cable Driver
This part has reached End Of Life. Datasheet is for information purposes only.
The GS1572 is an HD/SD-SDI multi-standard serializer with an integrated cable driver. The device provides robust parallel to serial conversion, generating a SMPTE 292M/259M-C compliant serial digital output signal.
The integrated cable driver features an output disable (high impedance) mode and an adjustable signal swing. Video data input is accepted in 20 bit parallel format or 10 bit parallel multiplexed format. An associated parallel clock input must be provided at the appropriate operating frequency - 74.25 / 74.1758 / 13.5 MHz (20 bit mode) or 148.5 / 148.352 / 27 MHz (10 bit mode).
The GS1572 features an internal PLL, which can be configured for loop bandwidth to below 100kHz. When used in conjunction with the GO1555 Voltage Controlled Oscillator, the GS1572 can tolerate well in excess of 300ps jitter on the input PCLK and still provide output jitter within SMPTE specifications.
In addition to serializing the input, the GS1572 performs NRZ-to-NRZI encoding and scrambling as per SMPTE 292M/259M-C when operating in SMPTE mode. When operating in DVB-ASI mode, the device will insert K28.5 sync characters and 8b/10b encode the data prior to serialization. The device also provides a range of other data processing functions. All processing features are optional and may be enabled/disabled via external control pin(s) and/or host interface programming.
Typical power consumption, including the GO1555 VCO, is 440mW. The standby feature allows the power to be reduced to 125mW. The user may reduce the standby power to less than 10mW by removing the power to the cable driver and eliminating transitions at the parallel data and clock inputs.
The GS1572 is Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- HD-SDI, SD-SDI, DVB-ASI transmitter
- Integrated SMPTE 292M and 259M-C compliant cable driver
- Integrated ClockCleaner™
- User selectable video processing features, including:
- Generic ancillary data insertion
- Support for HVF or EIA/CEA-861 timing input
- Automatic standard detection and indication
- Enhanced SMPTE 352M payload identifier generation and insertion
- TRS, CRC, ANC data checksum, and line number calculation and insertion
- EDH packet generation and insertion
- Illegal code remapping
- SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M-C compliant scrambling and NRZ -> NRZI encoding
- Blanking of input HANC and VANC space
- JTAG test interface
- 1.8V core and 3.3V charge pump power supply
- 1.8V and 3.3V digital I/O support
- Low power standby mode.
- Operating temperature range: -20°C to +85°C
- Pb-free, RoHS compliant, 11mm x 11mm 100-ball BGA package
- Camera Control Units
- Production Switchers
- Master Control Switchers
- Video Servers
- Up/Down/Cross Converters
- Audio Embedders
- Format Detectors
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- GS1572-IBE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tray-168 Pieces