Synchronous Equipment Timing Source for Stratum 3/4E/4, SMC and Ethernet Systems
The ACS8522BT is a highly integrated, single-chip solution for the Synchronous Equipment Timing Source (SETS) function in a SONET or SDH network element. The device generates SONET or SDH Equipment Clocks (SEC), frame synchronization clocks and Ethernet clocks. The ACS8522BT is fully compliant with the required international specifications and standards.
- Suitable for Stratum 3, 4E, 4 and SONET Minimum Clock (SMC) or SONET/SDH Equipment Clock (SEC) and Ethernet applications.
- Meets Telcordia 1244-CORE Stratum 3 and GR-253, and ITU-T G.813 Options I and II and ITU-T G.8262 (Draft) specifications.
- Accepts four individual input reference clocks, all with robust input clock source quality monitoring.
- Simultaneously generates four output clocks, plus two Sync pulse outputs.
- Generates four Ethernet frequencies (25 Mhz, 50 MHz, 62.5 MHz and 125 MHz) on any combination of four TO outputs.
- Absolute holdover accuracy better than 3 x 10-10 (manual), 7.5 x 10-14 (instantaneous); Holdover stability defined by choice of external XO.
- Programmable PLL bandwidth, for wander and jitter tracking/attenuation, 0.1 Hz to 70 Hz in 10 steps.
- Automatic hit-less source switchover on loss of input.
- Serial SPI compatible interface.
- Output phase adjustment in 6 ps steps up to ±200 ns.
- IEEE 1149.1 JTAG Boundary Scan.
- Single 3.3 V operation.
- Lead (Pb)-free, Halogen free, RoHS and WEEE compliant.