HD-SDI, SD-SDI and DVB-ASI Receiver with SMPTE Audio/Video Processing
Not recommended for new designs.
Please use the GS1670A for new designs.
The GS1670 is a multi-rate SDI receiver which includes complete SMPTE processing, as per 292M and SMPTE 259M-C.
The GS1670 also performs audio de-embedding and integrates an audio clock generator.
The SMPTE processing features can be bypassed to support signals with other coding schemes. The device features an integrated reclocker with an internal VCO and a wide Input Jitter Tolerance (IJT) of 0.7UI.
A serial digital loop through output is provided, which can be configured to output either reclocked or non-reclocked serial digital data. The serial digital output can be connected to an external cable driver. The device operates in one of four basic modes: SMPTE mode, DVB-ASI mode, Data-Through mode or Standby mode.
In SMPTE mode, the GS1670 performs full SMPTE processing, and features a number of data integrity checks and measurement capabilities.
The device also supports ancillary data extraction, and can provide entire ancillary data packets through host-accessible registers. It also provides a variety of other packet detection and error handling features. All of these processing features are optional, and may be individually enabled or disabled through register programming.
In DVB-ASI mode, 8b/10b decoding is applied to the received data stream.
In Data-Through mode all forms of SMPTE and DVB-ASI decoding are disabled, and the device can be used as a simple serial to parallel converter.
The device can also operate in a lower power Standby mode. In this mode, no signal processing is carried out and the parallel output is held static.
Parallel data outputs are provided in 20-bit or 10-bit format for HD and SD video rates, with a variety of mapping options. As such, this parallel bus can interface directly with video processor IC's, and can be multiplexed onto 10 bits for a low pin count interface.
Up to eight channels (two audio groups) of serial digital audio may be extracted from the video data stream, in accordance with SMPTE 272M-C and SMPTE 299M.
The output signal formats supported by the device include AES/EBU and I2S, and two other industry standard serial digital formats. A variety of audio processing features are provided to ease implementation. Necessary audio clocks are directly generated and provided by the device.
- Integrated reclocker with low phase noise, integrated, VCO
- Integrated audio de-embedder for 8 channels of 48kHz audio
- Integrated audio clock generator
- Serial digital reclocked, or non-reclocked output
- Operation at 1.485Gbps, 1.485/1.001Gbps and 270Mbps
- Supports SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M-C and DVB-ASI
- Ancillary data extraction
- Parallel data bus selectable as either 20-bit or 10-bit
- Comprehensive error detection and correction features
- Output H, V, F or CEA 861 Timing Signals
- 1.2V digital core power supply, 1.2V and 3.3V analog power supplies, and selectable 1.8V or 3.3V I/O power supply
- GSPI host interface
- -20°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- Low power operation (300 mW typical)
- Small 11mm x 11mm 100-ball BGA package
- Pb-free and ROHS compliant
- Camera control units
- Production switchers
- Master control switchers
- Video servers
- Up/down/cross converters
- Audio de-embedders
- Format detectors
- Test and measurement equipment
- GS1670-IBE3: Lead-Free, RoHS Compliant, Tray-168 Pieces