12G UHD-SDI Dual-input Reclocking Cable Driver
The GS12182 is a low-power, multi-rate, re-timing cable driver supporting rates up to 12G UHD-SDI, inclusive of 10GbE. It is designed to receive 100Ω
differential input signals, automatically recover the embedded clock from the digital video signal and re-time the incoming data, and transmit the re-timed signal over 75Ω coaxial cables. Each of the 100Ω trace inputs support up to 17dB of insertion loss.
The integrated eye monitor provides non-disruptive mission mode analysis of the post equalized input signal. The 256x128 resolution scan matrix allows accurate signal analysis to speed up prototyping and enable field analysis. Built in macros enable customizable cross section analysis and quick horizontal and vertical eye opening measurements.
With high phase consistency between scans and configurable space and time thresholds, algorithms can be deployed in the field to analyze long term signal quality variation (Bathtub Plot) to reduce costly system installation debug time for intermittent errors. The two cable drivers have highly configurable pre-emphasis and swing controls to compensate for long trace and connector losses. Additionally, automatic and user selectable output slew rate control is provided for each cable driver output.
The GS12182 is pin compatible with the GS12181 and GS12281 single input 12G UHD-SDI Multi-rate Re-timing Cable Drivers, the GS12081 12G UHD-SDI Multi-rate Cable Driver, as well as the GS3281 3G SDI Multi-rate Re-timing Cable Driver.
- Dual input/output re-timing cable driver with 2:1 input selector and on-chip termination
- SMPTE ST 2082-1, ST 2081-1, ST 424, ST 292-1 and ST 259 compliant input/output
- Multi-standard operation from 1Mb/s to 11.88Gb/s
- In addition to standard SMPTE rates, the device also supports re-timing of DVB-ASI at 270Mb/s, and MADI at 125Mb/s and 10GbE
- 3D Input Signal Eye Monitor
- PRBS generator and checker
- Cable driver features:
- Wide swing control
- Pre-emphasis to compensate for significant insertion loss between device output and BNC
- Automatic/manual output slew rate control
- Manual or automatic re-timer bypass
- Manual or automatic Mute or disable on LOS
- Integrated 75Ω, single ended output termination
- Trace equalizer features:
- Integrated 100Ω, differential input termination
- Automatic power down on loss of signal
- Trace equalization to compensate for up to 20” FR4 at 11.88Gb/s
- Automatic input offset compensation
- CDR features:
- Manual or automatic rate modes
- Wide Loop bandwidth control
- Re-timing at the following data rates: 125Mb/s, 270Mb/s, 1.485Gb/s, 2.97Gb/s, 5.94Gb/s, 11.88Gb/s, and 10.3125 Gb/s. This includes the f/1.001 rates.
- Single 1.8V power supply for analog and digital core
- 2.5V or 3.3V for cable driver output supply
- GSPI serial control and monitoring interface
- Four configurable GPIO pins for control or status monitoring
- Wide operating temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Small 6mm x 4mm 40-pin QFN
- Pin compatible with the GS12181, GS12281, GS12081, and GS3281
- Pb-free/Halogen-free/RoHS and WEEE compliant package
Next Generation 12G UHD-SDI infrastructures designed to support UHDTV1, UHDTV2, 4K D-Cinema and 3D HFR and HDR production image formats.
Typical applications: Cameras, Switchers, Distribution Amplifiers and Routers.
Click diagram to enlarge
No Documents found