Semtech Wireless Charging Platform Offers Dual Mode Medium Power Compatibility for Latest Quick Charging Devices
TS80K Wireless Charging ICs support WPC Q1.2 and PMA SR1E medium power 15W standards
Camarillo, California - January 4, 2016 -
Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today announced the addition of dual-mode Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) Qi 1.2 and AirFuel Alliance (PMA) SR1E medium power 15W capability to its TS80000 portfolio of wireless charging solutions. This allows customers to support the growing market of portable electronics with increased battery capacity for quick charging smart phones, tablets, phablets, and medical and industrial devices.
Semtech’s medium power wireless charging technology is in production today and can be easily integrated into existing portable devices as well as infrastructure and automotive applications. The TS80K family of solutions can support both receiver and transmitter applications. Complete reference designs and easy-to-use evaluation kits allow customers to implement the technology into their next generation products with minimal effort.
“Semtech first demonstrated a medium power 20W wireless charging notebook computer at CES 2013, proving that wireless charging can be used for applications beyond just smart phones,” said Ken Moore, Vice President and General Manager of Semtech’s Triune Product Group. “It is exciting to see that the markets are beginning to embrace a technology that allows today’s mobile consumer to quickly charge their devices without wires.”
- Flexibility: The TS80K wireless charging platform supports all major wireless charging standards in multi-mode (for both transmitter and receiver applications), works in multiple configurations and form factors, and can quickly be adapted to support evolving wireless charging standards
- Scalable Power: The TS80K platform is the only product on the market that supports a wide range of power solutions ranging from 100mW low power wearable solutions to 100W high power solutions for industrial tools, medical equipment and “connected” furniture applications
- Fast Charging Solution: Multi-mode receiver solutions ranging from 100mW to >20W of output power allows compatibility between all transmitters supporting any of the three industry standards
- Advanced Ecosystem Charging Solution: Multi-mode transmitter solutions available for all power levels, from 100mW to >40W, allowing embedded charging capability in furniture, vehicles and public venues that can support all three standards based on a single, easy to use, cost effective platform
- TS80000 Transmitter: www.semtech.com/power-management/wireless-charging-ics/ts80000/
- TS81000 Receiver: www.semtech.com/power-management/wireless-charging-ics/ts81000/
- TS31023 Linear Regulator: www.semtech.com/power-management/linear-regulators/ts31023/
- TS61001 Driver: www.semtech.com/power-management/wireless-charging-ics/ts61001/
- TS30011 Converter: www.semtech.com/power-management/switching-regulators/ts30011/
- Wireless Charging Product Video: www.semtech.com/video/wireless-power-demo-video.html
- Design Kits Page: www.semtech.com/power-management/wireless-charging-ics/evaluation-kits
- For technical support or general product inquiries, contact Semtech’s support team.
- For quarterly product updates, sign up for Semtech’s e-newsletter Inside Circuit.
- Find Semtech on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, computing, communications and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “delivers,” “designed to,” “provides,” “enables,” “can,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors”. Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.
Semtech and the Semtech logo are registered trademarks or service marks, of Semtech Corporation and/or its affiliates.