Semtech to Exhibit LoRa-Enabled IoT Applications at MWC Shanghai
Displayed in the LoRa Alliance™ IoT Pavilion, LoRa Technology innovates multiple markets with use case demonstration
Camarillo, California - June 8, 2017 -
CAMARILLO, Calif., June 8, 2017 – Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, announced that it will demonstrate its LoRa® wireless products and RF Technology (LoRa Technology) at Mobile World Congress (MWC) Shanghai from June 28-July 1. This year’s MWC Shanghai will focus on cutting-edge products and technology that will define the future including Internet of Things (IoT).
Along with companies from the LoRa Alliance™, Semtech will demonstrate its LoRa Technology specifically displaying the broad range of next-generation IoT networks, gateways, sensors, module products, and services it enables. End-to-end IoT solutions embedded with LoRa Technology are available now and being deployed worldwide in a variety of LPWA applications to solve real-world problems including Smart Cities and Smart Metering. With LoRa Technology’s deep penetration capability and low-power performance, users can closely monitor water, gas and electricity consumption to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Smart parking solutions, asset tracking and environment sensors are helping reduce traffic congestion throughout cities while monitoring pollution levels at a safe level.
“Next-generation IoT technologies are growing and so are the use cases that are being developed,” said Vivek Mohan, Director for Semtech’s Wireless and Sensing Products Group. “LoRa Technology has improved the way we interact and addresses some of the biggest challenges facing our society including public safety and conserving natural resources.”
The IoT Pavilion will be exhibiting in Hall W5 Booth #96. For show information, visit the MWC Shanghai website.
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
• Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
• Low Power: The LoRaWAN™ protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
• Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
• Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
• Open Standard: The LoRaWAN protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
• Learn how LoRa enables IoT visit Semtech’s LoRa/IoT site.
• Engage with the LoRa Community to access free training as well as an online industry catalog showcasing next-generation products.
• Contact Semtech’s support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
• Sign up for Semtech’s e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
• Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, computing, communications and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “will,” “designed to,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors.” Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law. Semtech, the Semtech logo, and LoRa are registered trademarks or service marks, and LoRaWAN is a trademark or service mark, of Semtech Corporation or its affiliates.