Semtech and LoRa Alliance™ Members Spotlight LoRaWAN™ IoT Innovations
IoT industry leaders gather for collaborative planning sessions and open house showcasing LoRaWAN-based products at the LoRa Alliance All Members Meeting
Camarillo, California - January 19, 2017 -
Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today announced it will participate in the 7th All Members Meeting and Open House sponsored by the LoRa Alliance™ on Jan. 23-25 at the Royal Garden Hotel in London.
Semtech and other LoRa Alliance members will participate in two days of committee meetings and planning sessions, followed by an open house where member companies can showcase their innovative LoRaWAN™ networks, gateways, sensors, and module products, and IoT services.
“Attendance at the LoRa Alliance All Members Meetings has grown rapidly, a testament to the increasing adoption of the LoRaWAN specification as the defacto standard for LPWANs and IoT,” said Vivek Mohan, Director of Wireless Products for Semtech’s Wireless and Sensing Products Group. “Semtech, along with the LoRa Alliance, is committed to scaling IoT adoption worldwide through collaboration and interoperability, allowing operators to connect low-power LoRaWAN sensors with an open standard infrastructure that is needed to bring smart IoT applications to our world.”
Semtech is a founding member of the LoRa Alliance, a group of more than 400 companies committed to driving and enhancing the LoRaWAN specification to ensure interoperability and scalability of LPWANs and IoT applications. Through its work with member companies and IoT industry groups, the LoRa Alliance is making LoRaWAN the standard for LPWANs focused on low-power, long-range IoT applications. To date, there are LoRaWAN public and private networks in more than 50 countries.
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- To learn how LoRa enables IoT, visit Semtech’s NEW LoRa/IoT site.
- Download application briefs summarizing a range of use cases for LoRa Technology.
- Engage with the NEW LoRa Community.
- Contact Semtech’s support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Sign up for Semtech’s e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, computing, communications and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “will,” “committed to,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors.” Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law. Semtech, the Semtech logo, LoRa and LoRaWAN are registered trademarks or service marks, or trademarks or service marks, of Semtech Corporation and/or its affiliates. Third-party trademarks or service marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.