25-28Gb/s Reference-Free CDRs
The GN2425 and GN2426 are Gennum’s new clock and data recovery (CDR) retimers designed to support the implementation of 100Gb Ethernet and OTU4 optical modules. They are designed to handle 25Gb/s data streams within next-generation 100Gb/s pluggable fiber-optic modules, line cards and direct-attach copper cables.
- Enable OIF CEI-28G-VSR retimed interfaces by compensating for losses in the data transmission and resetting the jitter budget
- Optimized for best jitter performance at lowest power
- Designed specifically for the next-generation 100GbE CFP2 module form-factor
- Allow for the serializer and deserializer to be positioned outside of the CFP2 module enabling a simpler, lower power and lower cost solution
- Enable higher module density and faster serial bit rates
- GN2425 provides excellent output jitter performance for optimal interfacing to laser drivers, RF amplifiers or Mach-Zehnder modulator drivers
- In the receive chain, the GN2426 removes jitter from the recovered optical signal, providing ample margin for line card receivers to recover the high-speed data stream from the module
- Fiber-optic modules
- Chip-to-module links
- Direct-attach copper cables
- Line cards
For more information about Gennum’s new 25Gb/s reference free CDR products, contact your local Gennum sales representative.