Thunderbolt™ Cable Transceiver
Add to Watch List
Featuring sophisticated signal conditioning capability, Gennum's in-connector Thunderbolt™ transceiver technology delivers reliable data transfer at cutting-edge speeds over low cost, thin-gauge copper cables.
The GN2033 is a tiny, low power transceiver chip designed to be placed inside the connectors at either end of a Thunderbolt™ cable, enabling dual bidirectional 10Gb/s concurrent links over narrow-gauge copper wires. Unlike ordinary passive cables that can be used at lower data rates, the unprecedented speed of the new Thunderbolt™ technology places unique demands on the physical transmission media. The GN2033 provides the sophisticated signal boosting and detection functions required to transfer high-speed data without errors across inexpensive Thunderbolt™ copper cables.
- 10.3125Gb/s signal conditioning for 2-5m thin-gauge Thunderbolt™ cables
- Reliable, low-latency, error-free transmission
- Low power and small size for placement inside cable connectors
- Lead-free and RoHS compliant
- Laptop computers
- Compact disk drives
- High-resolution monitors
- Professional, prosumer and consumer A/V equipment
- Low-latency compute clusters
- Thunderbolt™ to 10GbE, USB, FireWire, etc. adapters
- Thunderbolt™ cable extenders
- Instrumentation interfaces