Multi-Rate Dual Slew-Rate Cable Driver
The GS2978 is a high-speed BiCMOS integrated circuit designed to drive one or two 75 Ohm co-axial cables.
The GS2978 may drive data rates up to 2.97Gb/s and provides two selectable slew rates in order to achieve compliance to SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 344M and SMPTE 292M.
The GS2978 accepts a LVPECL level differential input that may be AC coupled. External biasing resistors at the inputs are not required.
Power consumption is typically 168mW using a 3.3V power supply. The GS2978 is Pb-free, and the encapsulation compound does not contain halogenated flame retardant.
This component and all homogeneous subcomponents are RoHS compliant.
- SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 344M and SMPTE 259M compliant
- Dual coaxial cable driving outputs with selectable slew rate
- 50 Ohm differential PECL input
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- Seamless interface to other HD-LINX® III family products
- Single 3.3V power supply operation
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to 70°C
- SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 344M and SMPTE 259M Coaxial Cable Serial Digital Interfaces.
16 pin QFN