9.95 - 11.3 Gb/s Equalizer plus Clock and Data Recovery
The GN2004S is a second generation Equalizer plus CDR device. This device features Gennum's ClearEdge™ technology offering best-in-class eye quality.
Key improvements from the first generation device include significant reduction in power consumption, reduced jitter generation and reduced jitter peaking.
The operating range has been extended to 9.95 - 11.3 Gb/s, while maintaining the reference-free operation of the GN2004.
The GN2004S device is packaged in a small outline 4mm × 4mm 24-pin, high-frequency QFN, lead-free and green package with exposed pad.
- XFP Telecom and Datacom Compliant Transmit Signal Conditioner
- Multirate operation: 9.95Gb/s -11.3Gb/s
- No reference clock required
- Single 3.3V supply
- Pin-for-pin compatible with GN2004
- Automatic input offset correction
- Loopback differential output
- CDR Bypass Option
- Bit Inversion capability
- On chip 100Ω differential I/O termination
- Loss of signal detect with adjustable threshold
- Loss of Lock indicator
- 9.95 - 11.3 Gb/s Optical XFP Transceiver Modules
- SONET OC-192/SDH STM-64 XFP and 300-pin Transceiver Modules
- 10.3/11.1 Gb/s Ethernet XFP, X2, XPAK and XENPAK Transceiver Modules
- 10.5/11.3 Gb/s Fibre Channel XFP Transceiver Modules
- High-Speed Backplane Interconnects
24 pin QFN